Chris Gray - CD
The National Piping Centre
Product Code: CD02300
Chris Gray - CD
Chris Gray’s self-titled debut album is brimming with hugely energised and creative compositions rooted in the tradition of folk music. The music exhales Chris’ strong upbringing in folk music as well as various other influences and styles including his love of jazz and classical music. Recorded in early 2019, with Calum MacCrimmon as co-producer, the album features a multi-instrumental ensemble:
- Chris Gray: Highland Bagpipes, Whistles & Piano
- Graham Mackenzie: Fiddle, Violin (tracks 1, 2 & 6)
- Innes White: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar (tracks 1, 9 & 10)
- James Lindsay: Bass, Moog (tracks 5, 6, 7 & 9)
- Mark Scobbie: Drums
- Alice Allen: Cello (tracks 1, 2, 5 & 6)
- Laura-Beth MacCrimmon: Mandolin (tracks 4, 8 & 10)
- Mohsen Amini: Concertina (tracks 6 & 9)
All tracks/tunes composed and arranged by Chris Gray.
Produced by Calum MacCrimmon & Chris Gray
Recorded and mixed by Barry Reid at GloWorm Recording, Glasgow.
Additional recording by Barry Reid at the Edinburgh Society of Musicians.
Mastered by Iain Hutchison at GloWorm Recording, Glasgow.
Album photography by Noni Carroll
Layout by Louise Bichan
- Argyll Bound
- McCormack’s Capers
- LA’s Welcome to Thawale
- Colossal Campbell
- High Voltage
- Joe Boardman’s
- 8 Mins in Schiphol
- The Haas
- Via Haymarket
Looking for Lessons?
Find out about all the ways you can learn at The National Piping Centre
Find out how we can get your pipes in great shape with our maintenance service
We are a Charity
Every purchase you make supports our work